Thursday, September 12, 2013

this year

Hello!
First, allow me to thank you for visiting my site. I haven't posted in a very long time, and I thought since there are still a good number of visitors to this site, I should let you know why it's been so quiet. 


One year ago, we moved to the country. We gained a lot of interior space, and a lot of trees and land and projects and new roofs and new friends and new potential and new inspiration and new new new.



I have a huge studio now, and with that came an overwhelming need to change everything. I became sick of the illustrations I am known for. I felt like I wanted to go BIG with something, like all these years I have been waiting to go BIG and do more and be better, and now I have the space to do so. 



But then the oh-my-god-what-do-i-do-now settled in and after a months-long battle, I have a pile of paintings and drawings and ideas and...nothing. It turns out that when given the opportunity to anything I wanted, I did everything I wanted. I drew and painted anything that came to mind, whatever I felt like doing that day, knowing it is part of the larger process and that at some magic moment somewhere I would set the brush down and say "AHA!" 

Friends, I am here to tell you that has not happened. 



I still have a lot of work to do. I am working on new techniques and new media and new themes and new new new. I am working on re-branding, a new website, and once all of that is in order I will be launching my new line for direct sales and wholesale.



Did I mention I also got married just about two months ago? We moved, planned and executed our awesome wedding, and are currently getting a whole new roof (plus all the fun surprises that come with that). I am at once inspired, thrilled, and overwhelmed. Please continue to bear with me as I work out all this newness. I am so excited about the future of my work, and once I have my magic moment, I will be back to tell you all about it.

(images above are part of the new working process. I would love your feedback.)



No comments: